Internet Explorer is one of the most popular web browser, but it is not perfect, since updated to version 10, many Windows 7 users experienced problems/errors while using it, if you accidentally upgraded your IE browser to version 10 but it is causing problems in your computer, or you simply don’t want to use it, you can follow the below instruction to uninstall Internet Explorer 10, and the IE browser in your Windows 7 will be restored to previous version.
Steps to uninstall Internet Explorer10
- First you need to click on Windows button at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click ‘Uninstall a program’ under the category of Program (refer to the below screen shot).
- In the Uninstall a program window, click ‘View installed updates’ on the left side.
- Scroll down the program list to locate Internet Explorer10.
- Select on Internet Explorer10 and click Uninstall. (Or you can right click on Internet Explorer10 and click Uninstall in the pop-up menu).
- Windows will ask for your confirmation to uninstall Internet Explorer10, click Yes to continue.
- Wait a few minute until the uninstall process is finished.
- After the wizard finished the Internet Explorer10 removal, it will prompt you to restart your computer, click Restart Now to allow new changes to take effect.
After the system restart, you may open the Internet Explorer to confirm its version and see if it is working properly.
If you encountered unexpected problems/errors during the uninstall process which lead to removal failure, download this professional tool here to help you uninstall Internet Explorer 10 automatically. Trouble with other stubborn Windows program? Go find detailed uninstall guides here.