Ask Toolbar is a annoying toolbar which changes the default homepage of browser, it also redirects user’s search inquire to Ask Search Engine. Ask Toolbar often comes with freeware bundle which makes many people installed it mistekenly or unconsciously even they didn’t want to.
If you don’t want it in your computer, simply follow this instruction to uninstall Ask Toolbar
Disable Ask Toolbar it from Firefox
- Open up the Firefox browser in your computer.
- Click Tool option in the top of the browser and click Add-ons in the appeared menu.
- You’ll see Ask Toolbar in the ‘Extensions‘ section, click the Uninstall button.
- You will be prompted “do you want to uninstall Ask.com Toolbar”, click Uninstall.
- Click ‘Restart Firefox’ button to complete the change.
After you restart Firefox browser, you’ll see t that Ask toolbar is disappear. However, performing the above steps will only disable Ask toolbar in Firefox, actually this program is still inside your system, the search area of Firefox still display as ‘Ask.com’; The toolbar can also be found in Internet Explorer . To completely remove Ask Toolbar, you can skip the first part and go to the second one below.
Uninstall Ask Toolbar from Add/Remove program
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Open Add/Remove program in the Control Panel.
- (or you can go to Start > Run, type in appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open Add/Remove program)
- Select Ask Toolbar and click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm and follow the instruction to complete the removal.
Note: do make sure you have closed Firefox before performing the uninstall in Add/Remove program, otherwise you will receive the below stop message.
Now Ask Toolbar should be removed from your computer. You should note that, there might be some files and registry entries left behind the system. If you want to remove them once for all, you can use special designed uninstaller software, which is a good way to save your time and energy.