Many computer user experience iTunes Error 3194 when using their IPOD product, this error would happen during iOS firmware update, since the iTunes would check the server to verify whether eligible to do the operation before you can update or restore the IOS system, at that moment if your network connection or the protocol ran into problem, the whole verify & update will fail and the iTunes Error 3194 would show up.
Since you are reading this post I suppose you are having this iTunes Error 3194, and I bet you’ve already tried out solutions provided by many websites and unfortunately they ain’t work at all. Well, today might just be your lucky day, here I would share with you my personal tips on troubleshooting iTunes Error 3194 which will not involve in entering either recovery mode or DFU mode. Here are the steps:
- Open My Computer, and reach this location C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc (if you are using a MAC system, press Shift + Command + G, then type in /etc/ and press Enter key)
- Open the hosts file in the above location with Notepad. (This action may require administrator permission)
- Scroll Down and locate the line of ‘126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com’
- Put a ‘#’ sign at the beginning of that line to disable this commend, or delete the whole line。
- Press Ctrl + S to save the file.
- Close the file and restart your computer, then test to see if the error still exist.