In Mac’s built-in Mail app you can set up multiple email accounts to deal with working and personal messages. Also, you can set up a default email address that you use frequently to send messages. It could be helpful if you want to save the trouble of selecting from several accounts and to avoid of sending emails from wrong address.
Here are how to change the default email account in Mail app on macOs:
- Open Mail app from the Applications folder, Launchpad or Spotlight.
- Head to the Mail menu on the top bar, and choose Preferences from there.
- Click on the Comosing tab, and go to the Send New Messages From box.
- Click to pull down the Account of Select Mailbox menu, select the email address you want to use as the default one, and then close Preferencese panel when finished.
Now the account you selected will be the default email address from which your new emails are sent. Setting up a default email account does not mean to disable other accounts in Mail app. You can still switch mail addresses manually in composition.
Besides, you can configure Mail app to show up the complete name and email address of recipient, thus to reduce the possibility of erroneously sending messages.
Here are how to display full email address and name of recipients in Mail app:
- Open Mail app and head to the Preferences panel as before.
- Click on the Viewing tab, and uncheck the box for Use Smart Addresses.
- Close out of Preferences after you’re done with turning off this feature.
To test the change, you can try to compose a new message, enter an email address as usual, and you will see the difference as the name and address should be shown now.
Wanna delete a spefic email address from the Mail? Once the email account is deleted, all its settings and associated emails will be deleted from the Mail app. How to do:
- Head to the Appe menu, and choose System Preferencs from the menu.
- Choose Internet Accounts to unfold the list of acounts stored on your Mac.
- Select the email account you want to delete form the list on the left side.
- Click on the (-) minus button below (or hit the Delete key on your keyboard).
- Click OK button to confirm the deletion, and it will disappear from the list.
Is this post helpful for you? Got any question? Let us know in the comments below.