Avira Antivirus is one of the most famous antivirus software around the internet, its powerful threat scanning and removing ability does offer solid protection to personal computer, however this program is not so friendly when you are trying to remove Avira Antivirus, a lot of people got stucked. Well, if you are not sure what you are doing is right, follow the below instruction.
For Windows 8 & 7
- Reach the Windows 8 metro screen, if the Avira Antivirus is running, turn it off.
- Go to Start > Search > Control panel.
- After open Control panel, in the list, click More Setting.
- Click Uninstall a Program in the page of program list.
- Locate Avira Antivirus in the program list, right click on the program name and click Uninstall.
- Follow the instruction that prompted to uninstall Avira Antivirus.
For Windows XP & 2000
- The same, close Avira Antivirus program before the removal to avoid conflict.
- Click Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove program (or double click it)
- Highlight Avira Antivirus Premium, click Remove button.
- You will be asked to confirm the removal action, click YES to continue.
- Follow the instruction to finish the removal.
If you installed Avira Antivirus correctly before, the above step should help you uninstall it successfully. But you should notice that, uninstalling Avira Antivirus through Windows Add/Remove center won’t cleanup all the registry file, you need to open registry editor and manually delete them by yourselves. For an easier and quicker solution, you may try out third party uninstall tool to help you uninstall Avira Antivirus automatically.