Windows supports Bluetooth version 1.1 and later versions. Windows 8 is Bluetooth Smart Ready, which enables connect with Bluetooth Smart Services. Because Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista provide both kernel-mode and user-mode programming interfaces for their Bluetooth stacks, hardware and software vendors can implement additional profiles in both kernel mode and user mode. In most cases, there are a variety of Bluetooth can enabled devices you can add to your PC such as mobile phone, wireless headsets, keyboards and more. For the most important part to ensure Bluetooth in windows available, you should install Bluetooth wireless technology. This post may show you one by one step regarding on how to turn on or off Bluetooth connectivity for your Windows 8 PC.
Steps to Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 8 and 8.1
Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Wireless PC settings in Windows 8:
1. Open the PC settings from the Settings Charm bar. Locate at the start screen or desktop and click on Settings charm. Also you can press Windows + I key together to open the Settings Charm. Choose Change PC Settings link at the bottom right corner. Click on the Wireless option in the left pane. In the right pane under the Wireless devices, move the targeted Bluetooth slider to turn on of off.
2. Once finished, close PC settings.
Turn On or Off Bluetooth in PC and devices PC settings in Windows 8.1:
1. Open the PC settings as the steps mentioned above. Now choose PC and devices in the left page. Click on the targeted Bluetooth in the left pane of the PC and devices. You then need choose the Manage Bluetooth devices, move the Bluetooth slider to turn on or off in the right page.
2. Close the window and reach the desktop if you want to.
Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Network PC settings in Windows 8.1:
1. Access to the PC settings, and choose on the Network option in the left pane. Click on Airplane mode in the left page of the network. And then choose wireless devices, move the Bluetooth slider to turn on or off.
2. Close all opened pages.
Enable PC settings using a REG File:
1. If the PC settings on the Windows 8/8.1, you should try enable it first. Open the all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied. In the left pane, choose on the expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Control Panel. Double click/tap on Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings. To enable PC Settings, you should check the enabled option from the double click/tap on Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings Interface.
2. Click the Ok option. Close the windows. You then reboot computer and try the steps mentioned above to turn on or off Bluetooth in Wireless PC settings in Windows 8/8.1.